Empowering Men & Women
Professional & Educational Growth, Job-Readiness, Work
Men and women were created by God to work and be responsible for supporting ourselves and our families whenever possible. Our Job Readiness Programs focus on these two realities. Each participant will receive classroom teaching, on-the-job training, counseling, and personal attention as they prepare to enter the work force.
Each qualifying participant will receive help with resume preparation and interview skills. Job search help is also available. We partner with several businesses that are willing to hire our graduates. Our goal is to help each participant find a career and not just a “paycheck”.
At Faith Mission, we offer a job-readiness residential program for men called Faith Enterprises.
Faith Enterprises is a social enterprise which offers lawn services and tree maintenance to the community.
The men selected for the program are qualified graduates of the New Beginnings program. They are able to develop a positive work history and accumulate savings leading to employability and independence.
All proceeds of Faith Enterprise are used to support Faith Mission & Faith Refuge.
Call to schedule your landscaping needs. (940) 723-5663
Faith Refuge Career Academy for Women is a 12-week career and life skills training program. It requires self-discipline and dedication to complete, and acceptance into the program is determined by an application and interview process.
- Biblical Precepts for Daily Living
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- Anger Management
- Computer Skills
- GED Prep and Testing by Region IX
- Guest Speakers from Local Businesses
- Jobs for Life
- Money Management
- Professional Communication
- Computer Lab Provided for Job Searches and Resume Writing
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOS)
- Unglued: Making Wise Choices by Lysa TerKeurst
- You’ll Get Through This by Max Lucado
Monday – Thursday:
8:00am – 4:00pm or 10:30am – 4:00pm
- 12 Weeks Duration
- Each Student is responsible for her own transportation. If needed, a residential option is available.
- Books and lunch are provided.
- Career Academy follows the WFISD calendar.
- It is free to the public.
Call our Academy Director: (940) 322-4673
“The Career Academy gave me confidence for the interviewing process and increased my knowledge and skills for the current job market. I now work as a manager for a local retailer!”
Amanda – Academy Graduate
” The Career Academy gave me confidence for the interviewing process and increased my knowledge and skills for the current job market. I now work as a manager for a local retailer! “