Faith Mission is blessed to help an energetic nine-year-old boy and his dad. Here are a few things he told us about himself.
If you could do anything in the world, what would you do?
- Become the Flash.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I want to be in the army or a police man.
What is your favorite subject in school?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite drink?
- Root Beer
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- I need to discover the whole world. I would go search for things and explore.
What is your favorite thing about your dad?
- I love him. He always takes care of me. He never runs away. His dad ran away from him when he was young. I feel sorry for my dad because his dad ran away.
What is your favorite thing about Faith Mission?
- You get to eat.
What do you not like about Faith Mission?
- Sometimes I do not like the food . . . BUT, I’m still grateful.
What else do you like about Faith Mission?
- Faith Mission fights for us.
What do you mean when you say, “Faith Mission fights for us?”
- They get us on waiting lists [housing]. They help us. We get clothes, shoes, and backpacks. This place is great. Faith Mission saved us.
What would you tell other kids your age who need help?
- It’s okay to get help. No one should be ashamed to get help.
This young boy and his father came to stay at Faith Mission at the beginning of August 2018. The living conditions at their place became unlivable, and they found themselves in need. The family case manager of Wichita Falls Faith Mission is working with the young boy’s father to get them housing and the father a new job. Please pray for them as the dad w
orks toward becoming self-sufficient.